Using Our Practice
Selecting a CHP Primary Care Physician
Choosing the right physician as your primary health care partner is an important decision. Evidence-based, patient-centered care is what the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan strives to deliver. We offer a wide selection of board-certified, experienced, and caring physicians to address your health needs and goals. If you are a Capital Health Plan member and would like to become part of the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, please follow the steps below to choose a primary care physician (PCP):
- Find a physician in the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan who is accepting new patients:
- Access a list of our physicians on the Provider Directory page.
- Click on the link that best suits your needs, either by location or specialty.
- Click on a physician's name or picture for a brief biography, board certifications, languages spoken, and whether they are accepting new patients.
- Review the physicians accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- If you have trouble finding an available primary care physician, please call Capital Health Plan Member Services.
- After picking your physician, update your records either by calling Capital Health Plan Member Services or by making the selection in your CHPConnect account, which automatically sends a secure message to Member Services.
NextMD is our patient portal that provides convenient, secure online access to the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, allowing members to maintain an ongoing relationship with their doctor and practice staff.
Sign up for or access your NextMD account at NextMD.com.
With the NextMD Patient Portal, you can:
- Exchange secure messages directly with your physician, nurse, or eye care technician
- Receive test results and requisitions
- Request medication refills
- Access the Research Center for information on health issues