Welcome to Capital Health Plan (CHP). As the top-rated health plan in Florida, we’re committed to providing the highest quality of care and service to our new members. And we understand that getting started with a new health plan can be a little confusing, so here we’ve put together some resources to help you get started in our New Member Checklist.
One of your first steps as a CHP member is selecting a new primary care physician. You can visit our Provider Directory to search for the one who's right for you. And don’t forget to create an account at CHPConnect, our convenient online portal where you can manage many aspects of your health care.
In addition to providing coverage for health care within our service area, CHP also operates our own CHP Health Centers where you can visit our Urgent Care center and get routine services such as X-rays, eye exams, screening tests, and much more.
You can learn more about the services, tools, and programs offered by Capital Health Plan in our Resource Guide.
New Member Checklist
Welcome to Capital Health Plan! We understand that getting started with a new health plan can be a little confusing, so below we’ve put together some resources to help you get started:
Select Your Primary Care Physician
- Choose a primary care physician (PCP) for yourself and/or your dependents. Your PCP is your health care partner and central coordinator for your health care needs.
- For added convenience, you may be interested in selecting a PCP from the Physician Group of Capital Health at one of our health centers.
- Learn how easy it is to select a PCP here.
- If you are selecting a new PCP for yourself and/or your dependents, you will need to transfer all records to your new physician’s office. Please check with your previous physician’s office to obtain their policies and procedures on how to transfer your medical records to your new physician.
- CHP offers our members the opportunity to access their CHP medical history, review/download benefit documents, request ID cards, review referrals and authorizations, and choose a PCP.
- Create your account for CHPConnect here.
About Your Care
- Learn about your care as a CHP member by reviewing our website.
About Your Medications
- CHP utilizes a national pharmacy network to administer our pharmacy benefits. Each covered prescription drug, when purchased from a participating pharmacy, is subject to a copayment amount. Not all plans include prescription drug coverage. Consult your benefit documents for more information.
- Learn more about your medications here.
CHP Health Centers
- Capital Health Plan offers two health centers and an administrative office. Learn more about our CHP Health Centers and the services we offer here.
Find where to get lab services completed here.
- Review your Capital Health Plan Member Handbook and Summary of Benefits & Coverage (SBC) to learn about your benefits with CHP. You can view these documents via CHPConnect, your benefit administrator, or by calling CHP Member Services to request these to be mailed to you.
Your Rights & Privacy
- Understand your rights and privacy as a CHP member on the Compliance section of our website.
Coordination of Benefits
- The process of accurately coordinating benefits between more than one insurance plan enables CHP to ensure that claims are processed in both a timely and efficient manner. Complete the Coordination of Benefits Questionnaire within the first 30 days of coverage.
How to Select a Primary Care Physician
One of the most important health care decisions you will ever make is selecting your primary care physician (PCP). This is your health care partner and central coordinator for everything pertaining to your good health. Primary care physicians include family physicians, internal medicine physicians, and pediatricians.
The process for choosing your primary care physician is simple. Select a PCP who is accepting new patients from our Provider Directory and call Capital Health Plan Member Services to enroll under your chosen doctor.
Follow the below steps for choosing a PCP:
- View our Provider Directory.
- On the Provider Directory, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Accepting New Patients and select Yes.
- Next, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Primary Care Physicians and select Yes.
- Click on the green Apply button.
- Review the list of PCPs accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- Notify CHP Member Services by calling with your decision so we may update your records.
You may also use CHPConnect to notate your PCP selection. This method automatically sends a secure message to CHP Member Services and your selection will be completed that evening.